As the power marketing agency for the federal Columbia River hydroelectric power system and the largest owner-operator of transmission infrastructure in the Northwest, Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) permeates electricity issues in the region. Our attorneys are familiar with the many ways BPA power and transmission impact regional utilities and power producers. We counsel clients on BPA-related matters including power sales agreements, pre-OATT exchange agreements, OATT transmission services, interconnections, and billing disputes.
- Advised investor-owned utility on rights under grandfathered (pre-OATT) exchange agreements.
- Counseled municipal utility and BPA preference customer on Vintage Rate offering under BPA’s Tiered Rate Methodology, a product of BPA’s Regional Dialogue.
- Drafted and negotiated major substation interconnection agreement and land exchange between BPA and investor-owned utility.
- Advised investor-owned utility on terms of BPA OATT transmission service.
- Counseled transmission customer on resale of BPA transmission reservations.
- Negotiated settlement of billing disputes with BPA.