Attorney, Senior Associate
Charles von Reis represents utilities on a range of matters including wholesale power purchase agreements, hydroelectric projects, interconnection agreements, and litigation.
Before joining Lovinger Kaufmann LLP in 2007, he researched and advised on licensing procedures for ocean wave energy conversion projects for the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development. He also researched submerged lands conservation leasing for The Nature Conservancy.
- Drafted and reviewed dozens of power purchase agreements with PURPA facilities on behalf of PacifiCorp.
- Prepared FERC filings for surrender of hydroelectric project license on behalf of PacifiCorp.
- Prepared and explained billing formulae for complex energy sales transactions.
- Advised on regulatory compliance of wholesale power sales.
- Negotiated and drafted security interests in assets of renewable energy generators.
“Submerged Lands Conservation Leasing in Oregon” 2006 25th Annual International Submerged Lands Management Conference, Red Bank, New Jersey, October 15-20, 2006
“Nonpoint source pollution review: Pew Oceans Commission recommendations in the current legal landscape.” The Coastal Society 19th International Conference, Newport, Rhode Island, May 23-26, 2004
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, Certificates in Ocean and Coastal Law and Pro Bono, 2006
B.A., Reed College, 2001