Ken Kaufmann, partner of Lovinger Kaufmann LLP, instructed in the June 5, 2012 presentation hosted by Electric Utility Consultants, Inc. (EUCI). The webcast “Utilizing PURPA in Today’s Deregulated Wholesale Market” provided a brief history of the evolution of PURPA, described how PURPA can help states influence the type of electric utility resources purchased by investor owned utilities, looked at the benefits and risks of continued reliance on PURPA, and discussed ways PURPA might be reformed at the state level.
- FERC Reaffirms High Bar for Terminating PURPA Purchase Obligation for QFs under 20 MW
- U.S. District Court upholds award of RECs from QF to utility in West Virginia
- Petition to Enforce PURPA against Montana PSC Questions Auctions and Capacity
- Opportunities and Challenges for Portland General Electric’s Salem Smart Power Project
- FERC gives notice of intent to enforce PURPA against the Idaho PUC
825 NE Multnomah, Suite 925
Portland, OR 97232