Ken Kaufmann, partner of Lovinger Kaufmann LLP, instructed in the June 5, 2012 presentation hosted by Electric Utility Consultants, Inc. (EUCI). The webcast “Utilizing PURPA in Today’s Deregulated Wholesale Market” provided a brief history of the evolution of PURPA, described how PURPA can help states influence the type of electric utility resources purchased by investor owned utilities, looked at the benefits and risks of continued reliance on PURPA, and discussed ways PURPA might be reformed at the state level.
- FERC gives notice of intent to enforce PURPA against the Idaho Public Utilities Commission
- Benefits (and Pitfalls) of Sharing Qualifying Facility Interconnections
- Federal Power Act cross-reference
- Slides from Partner Ken Kaufmann’s EUCI presentation on PURPA
- New Mexico utility outside RTO or ISO seeks PURPA Section 210(m) exemption.
825 NE Multnomah, Suite 925
Portland, OR 97232